SPECIALIST FINANCIAL RECRUITMENT LTD CANDIDATE AGREEMENT
By ticking that you have read our Candidate Agreement you are giving us consent to process and hold your data as outlined below.
This Policy applies as between you, and Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Website and any Services or Systems therein.
CHANGES TO THIS CANDIDATE POLICY
We may update this candidate policy notice from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our candidate practices. We encourage you to check this candidate notice for changes whenever you visit our website www.financial-recruits.co.uk
Candidate Policy last updated: May 22nd 2018
WHO WE ARE
Specialist Financial Recruitment Limited is an independent Recruitment Consultancy operating exclusively with the financial services marketplace. Established in 2014, Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd is a respected and trusted partner with leading organisations across the following sectors:
- Intermediary Sales Distribution
- Discretionary Investment Management
- Wealth Management
- Asset Management
- Corporate Governance
- Tax-Efficient Investment Sector
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
PURPOSE OF PROCESSING AND LEGAL BASIS
Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd will collect personal data from your CV for the purpose of assisting in your search for a new job position, or to provide you with information relating to vacancies which may be of interest to you based upon the information you have provided and agreed to.
The legal bases we rely upon to do this are:
- Legitimate Interest
CONSENT and HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
By ticking that you have read our Candidate Agreement you are consenting to us holding and processing your personal information for an initial period of 6 months. At approximately this point we will contact you by either email/phone/text/ to see if you wish to remain registered with Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd, and your data continued to be held in our database.
This process will be repeated every 6 months.
If we place you in a new position, we hold your data for a further 12 months so that we can communicate with you at 3-month intervals to establish if you are happy in your new role.
If the purpose of using the data for which we have received your consent changes, we will seek new consent, setting out new purposes.
YOUR RIGHT TO BE REMOVED
You can request your data to be *deleted by clicking the Request to Remove button in your personal candidate portal or by emailing our Data Protection Co-ordinator email@example.com
If we have not heard from you for a period of 6 months we will archive your data. Once archived if the data is not requested to be re-instated after a year it is deleted.
*Archive – retrievable for up to 1yr if archived in error or if you wish to re-engage in the future.
*Deleted – non-retrievable. All data is deleted except name and email address
WHAT DATA WE HOLD
The data we initially collect within our Firefish database is limited to that which you have included in your CV. Your CV is saved under your name in your candidate portal.
To enable us to search for jobs in your chosen skill set and geographical region the information obtained in your CV is divided into sub-sections.
The following covers the main sub-sections that enables us to process your data and keep an open line of communication whilst we assist with your search for a new position. Where information has not been supplied in your CV the field remains blank until we speak in person, at which point additional information may be obtained and populated within your candidate portal.
- Contact Information such as email address, telephone numbers, home address, LinkedIn URL, Twitter, Facebook, Google plus, Facebook, Skype, Website, Xing, Video
- Demographic information such as postcode
- Job Title
- Current Employer
- Job Description
As you progress through the job process a record of email, text and verbal communications between yourself, Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd, and associated employers are recorded under your candidate record.
Your consent to Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd to process the above personal data will be for the following purposes.
- For Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd to provide you with updates on applications you have made in respect of our vacancies
- Enabling you to submit your CV, apply online for our jobs, review and update your personal data and preferences, or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you
- Carrying out our obligations in respect of any offers of employment that arise from our clients
- Verifying details you have provided to request information (such as references, qualifications)
- We request your consent for subscribing to job alerts and or receiving Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd marketing material
- Send you details of general information which we think might be of interest to you
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by informing Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd that you wish to do so, or by clicking the Request to Remove button in your candidate portal.
Where Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd has relied on legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interest(s) are as follows:
- When sourcing candidates for our vacancies, we may obtain an individuals data from a job board that they have subscribed to. In order to ascertain your suitability for a particular role we have a need to contact you to discuss the vacancy in full
- To communicate with you, including emails and texts, even if you have opted out of receiving other Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd marketing and job alert communications
SOURCE OF THE PERSONAL DATA
Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd sources personal data directly from you, the data subject, or by the following means
- Job Board and CV databases to which you have subscribed
- Specialist Financial Recruitment website
- Social Media
WHERE YOUR DATA IS HELD
Once your data is collected it is kept in a secure manner within our Firefish Database. We can confirm that Firefish operates under a partnership agreement with Mircrosoft Azure which provides customers with enhanced protection. For further details on how Firefish secure your data please follow the link to their website Data Security and Trust
CONTROLLING ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd does not share your data with third parties for any marketing purposes.
You can restrict the use of the data you have submitted by accessing your candidate portal and updating, amending and opting in or out of marketing and or job alerts.
THIRD PARTY SERVICE - CONSENT
Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd has formed strategic partnerships with carefully chosen Associate Consultants that specialise and operate on behalf of Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd across Technology, Wealth Management and Compliance led recruitment activity. We will obtain your consent to share your data with our chosen Associate Consultants, in order to further improve the services we provide on your behalf.
ACCESSING YOUR OWN DATA
You may access your Candidate Portal at any time to view or amend the data we hold on you. Your candidate portal is secured with your own individual password. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. You can change your marketing preferences and Job Alerts at any time. You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal data on payment of a small fee.
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd processes on you
- The right of access to the personal data Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd processes on you
- The right to rectification of your personal data
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling
- The right to withdraw consent at any time
Data security is of great importance to Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd and to protect your data we put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the Data we collect.
We have partnered with Beyond Encryption and use their mailock software to allow us to send email communications with attachments in a secure and encrypted way.
Specialist Financial Recruitment Ltd take your personal information and the protection of it very seriously. We encourage you to bring to our attention any reason you feel we may have used your data unfairly, misleadingly or inappropriately. We also welcome suggestions for improving our procedures.
We endeavour to explain fully how you use your data but we are happy to provide additional information or explanation on request.
If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If are still unhappy please contact the ICO Information Commissioners Office at www.ico.org.uk