Our client is one of the UK's leading wealth management firms. To support continued growth an opportunity has arisen for a Telephone Business Development Manager to develop (new) IFA relationships remotely and generate revenue income across the range of propositions. This will include working independently and in conjunction with the IST field-based Business Development Managers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Generate new business to meet agreed activity sales target for your assigned accounts working remotely.
- Make outbound telephone calls to build and maintain relationships with new and existing IFAs.
- Provide point of contact for inbound IFA queries.
- Provide information on our propositions as required, over the phone or via email to IFAs.
- Have a good understanding and experience of the Discretionary Fund Management market including legislative and regulatory issues.
- Demonstrate a consultative sales approach.
- Support and follow up on the agreed National and Centrally co-ordinated campaigns.
- Ensure that all compliance and KPI requirements are met. Analyse and use accurate MI to adopt a planned and prioritised approach to your business development activity.
- Identify IFAs (individuals and firms) that would benefit from field-based support.
- Ensure all business objectives are achieved and excellent relationships, both internally and externally are maintained.
- Update IFA information on the Company’s CRM system ensuring that the information is accurate and current for reporting purposes.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A successful sales track record in sales, particularly in telephone sales.
- Experience and knowledge of the IFA market and of sales in financial services.
- Broad business development experience.
- Diploma in regulated financial planning (or equivalent) preferred.
- A background in financial services.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong relationship building and communication skills.
- Strong technical skills with an ability to understand and explain all areas of our proposition.
- Highly resilient and extremely proficient at prospecting new customers who may benefit from our range of products and services.
- Broad knowledge of Discretionary Fund Management products.
- A highly organised and motivated self-start who works well as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Individuals from the London region preferred but other locations will be considered.