a FTSE 250 company and a leading provider of technology and solutions for complex and regulated administration and payments is looking for a Relationship Director to join the team. Their technology platforms are used by 70% of the FTSE 100, Government, and other large corporates, particularly in banking, insurance, and other financial services. They have 1,700 clients, make £160 billion worth of payments through their systems every year, hold records for 70 million shareholders, look after pension schemes for 8 million pension scheme members, and provide services which touch 28 million customers.
The role is essential in ensuring the delivery of the growth strategy through client retention focused relationship management which delivers innovative, market leading solutions to client’s business challenges whilst delivering profitable revenues. You will be a trusted advisors to clients and will also act as an escalation point for key stakeholders within the partnership model they operate with their clients.
As a Relationship Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the business meets its obligations as part of regular governance reporting and owning/building relationships with senior influencers and decision-makers within existing clients with the aim of retaining clients and delivering revenue growth.
- Managing and reporting on the overall growth and profitability of accounts assigned.
- Developing and executing an account plan for assigned accounts that will form the basis for value-driven sales growth.
- Conducting regular status and strategy meetings with the customer's senior management to understand their needs and link them to the product/service/capability strategies.
- Building and maintaining effective long-term relationships with key senior-level decision makers at or up to “C” level.
- Working with the Strategic Accounts team and Business Development teams on opportunities on the assigned accounts.
- Creating awareness within the assigned accounts of the group and its offerings.
- Matching client engagements with their business goals and challenges they face to deliver mutual benefit for both organisations at all times.
We are looking for a Relationship Director who has the following skills and experiences:
- Experience in a revenue-generating management role within the life and pensions industry or other complex outsourcing environment (e.g., pensions outsourcing, employee benefits consultants, pensions product providers).
- Marketing knowledge and insight deployed where needed in support of account strategists to help lead clients.
- An ability to work successfully remotely, coupled with the ability to travel to different locations for meetings.
- Good understanding of the Workplace Pensions industry, and a desire to innovate within that industry.
- Strong evidence of a relationship management approach which leads to long term client retention and growth.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build credibility at board level as well as at operational delivery level.
- Proven experience of delivering excellence in response to high client expectations.
- Understanding of financial accounting processes (purchase orders, invoicing, receipts, debtors).
- Understanding of sales/development process and marketing techniques.
- Experience of successfully working in a matrix product structure would be advantageous.
In return you can expect a competitive basic salary up to six figures, with 50% of basic in bonus and benefits package.