Our client is a Chartered Financial Planner dedicated to providing expert pensions advice, whose staff are experts in many areas of pension planning including, final salary pension transfers, personal pension transfers and retirement planning.
To support the continued growth of the business, a new opportunity has arisen for a Pension Transfer Specialist to check the suitability of pension transfer transactions conducted by the firm. You will be required to provide timely and appropriate reports to Senior Management on the conduct of pensions transfer business.
As a Pension Transfer Specialist your responsibilities will include.
- Liaising with colleagues to obtain the required information on the client’s past and present pensions arrangements to enable a full analysis of the clients’ pensions needs to be carried out.
- Assessing the comparative merits of Safeguarded, fixed, or guaranteed benefits provided by an occupational scheme or individual pension scheme, against an individual pension scheme (including a self-invested personal pension scheme) providing uncertain benefits.
- Using appropriate analytical systems and relevant data to assess such comparisons in a precise, measurable manner.
- Constructing appropriate solutions to the principles of suitability and best advice, produce report(s) including statistical data which clearly supports the recommendations made.
- Proactively developing and maintaining external relationships with Introducers and other professional parties who refer business to the firm.
- Developing and maintaining internal relationships to help maintain business flow and meet agreed targets.
- Ensuring all associated administration is completed in a timely and effective manner to meet the firm’s record keeping and file quality requirements.
- Taking ownership of designated cases to closure or escalation.
- Ensuring that the firm’s high standards of client care are met by demonstrating competence in all stages of the pensions transfer process.
- Monitoring expiry dates and prioritise work.
We are seeking a Pension Transfer Specialist with the following skills and experience.
One of the following Approved Examinations:
- Fellow or Associate of the Faculty or Institute of Actuaries
- Fellow or Associate by examination of the Pensions Management Institute
- Fellow or Associate (including three pensions-related subjects) of the Chartered Insurance Institute
- Passed G60 / AF3 paper of the Advanced Financial Planning Diploma of the Chartered Insurance Institute
- Passed the Pensions paper of the Professional Investment Certificate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers/Institute of Financial Services.
In addition, the Pension Transfer Specialist will have.
- At least 2 years’ industry experience, two of which must have been in a pensions-related field.
- Excellent analytical skills and prefer to work in a structured, planned manner.
- Excellent organisational skills, meticulous attention to detail, technical capability.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to manage workflow and communicate effectively.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- An enthusiastic, approachable, and cheerful nature.
In return, you can expect a salary of £40k rising to £50k upon obtaining CASS status. A benefits package including, pension contribution matched to 5%, 4x annual salary for death in service, 23 days annual leave, annual leave purchase scheme and your birthday off with pay.
You will be office based for the first 4 weeks for training then will have the opportunity to work from home but will be required to attend the office when required for certain meetings and further training.