An award winning independent financial planning business located in the heart of the square mile are seeking a Junior Paraplanner to join their team. Offering both fee-based cash flow financial planning, traditional transactional services and advice on employee advice and flexible benefits packages for corporate clients, the business has established a notable reputation for professional, personal, and corporate advice.
The Junior Paraplanner will receive a salary of £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience, qualifications, and aptitude. A consideration on the salary will be made to reflect current remote working arrangements and whether your preference is to mainly work from home when things return to normal plus discretionary Christmas Bonus, 4 x Salary Death In Service Benefit and Permanent Health Insurance (PHI) scheme to normal retirement age, after probation period (6 months).
As a Junior Paraplanner you will:
- Prepare first meeting packs.
- Input fact find details into the back office system – Intelligent Office (IO).
- Set up clients on IO.
- Input cases, initial fees and expectations of future income onto IO.
- Obtain illustrations (IRESS / Exchange or other methods e.g. provider websites).
- Input / produce “Attitude To Risk” questionnaires (FE Analytics/E-value).
- Prepare suitability letters / reports for Adviser sign offs (using templated systems).
- Obtain and copy Anti Money Laundering documents.
- Complete verification forms for Advisers signatures.
- Pass prepared cases to Compliance (using checklists).
- Update IO on a continual basis with updates / changes / progress on cases, using activity manger and other workflow functions.
- Produce Review Packs for clients.
General administration duties will include answering the telephone, opening post, liaising with providers / clients / third parties, supporting the diary functions of designated advisers, being a designated client contact point and carrying out ad-hoc jobs requested by senior management.
We are looking for a Junior Paraplanner with the following skills and experience:
- Experience of liaising with providers and knowledge of financial products.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and non-verbal.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Office, Internet browsers and specific Financial Services software.
- Ability to work to times scales and organise yourself and others (where needed).
On the job training from the existing Client Service Support staff / Management will be provided on existing systems and processes. Regular / weekly meetings with all other Client Support Staff and management will be available when remote working and monthly as / when the team return to an office environment.
The Paraplanner will benefit from 20 days holiday + generally a week from around Christmas Eve to January 2nd or the next working day of the following year + all UK bank holidays, Pension matching up to 3% of salary, after 3-month deferral period and cost of materials for accredited professional development examinations, agreed at commencement of employment, are covered.
The job title of ‘Junior’ relates simply to the level of experience and has no relevance to age. You are encouraged to apply for any opportunities that you feel to be suitable, irrespective of age or level of experience.