As a trusted source of independent financial advice for over 40 years, our client acts for individuals as well as companies and their employees, by giving holistic advice. With offices throughout the UK our client prides themselves on delivering all the capabilities you would expect from a large national organisation at a local personalised level.
To support the continued growth of the business, 2 new opportunities have arisen for Independent Financial Advisers in the Hampshire region.
Offering an independent, personal and proactive advisory service to their clients, the Independent Financial Advisers will typically provide advice on the full range of financial planning services such as: investments; retirement; tax; education; savings; protection; long term care and mortgage planning.
Along with administrative support to assist you in your role, the Independent Financial Advisers also have access to several central service functions such as Research, Marketing, Professional Development and Training and a Legal and Regulatory Department.
As an Independent Financial Adviser your duties will include:
- Providing holistic financial planning to prospective and existing clients and capitalising on opportunities to expand business through the generation of referrals, running seminars and creating links with local professional introducers.
- Achieving and exceeding individual business targets and providing sufficient Management Information to respond to the needs of line management to understand the business activities you are or want to be engaged in.
- Ensuring client files are kept up to date to ensure the audit trail of advice, service and transactions is maintained in full accordance with business standards.
- Constructing Investment Reports ensuring all information is correct and that the content meets the criteria set by the company’s business standards.
- Communicating in an effective manner with your administration team.
- Ensuring IT systems are used and information on them kept up to date.
- Undertaking ongoing continuous professional development and increasing technical knowledge in specialist areas.
- Acting in a compliant manner, providing excellent customer service, and adhering to the Financial Conduct Authority principles of “Treating Customers Fairly”.
To be a successful Independent Financial Adviser you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working as an IFA and a proven track record of meeting annual sales targets.
- Diploma Level 4 Status.
- High level of confidence and ability with sales and presentational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and telephone manner and an ability to work in a team environment.
- High quality of personal organisational skills.
- IT literate.
- Able to manage own diary but may often need to attend appointments in client’s homes and/or out of hours.
- Full driving licence and access to own transport.
In return, the Independent Financial Adviser will receive a salary of £35,000 - £45,000. During the first 2 years of employment you will receive quarterly bonus payments for business written that exceed annual targets. Thereafter, commission payments will be made based on a percentage of new business/trail income.
Employees can spend a maximum of 20% of basic salary on a range of flexible benefits.