Our client is a dedicated multi-family office, which provides bespoke financial planning, discretionary portfolio management, corporate finance & private banking to HNW & UHNW clients (typically £5million-£50million). As a result of significant growth & development, they are now seeking to appoint a Head of Wealth Planning, who possesses a strong personality & leadership qualities/potential & who will play a key role in the strategic development and implementation of the firm’s wealth planning capabilities. The successful candidate will work closely with the two Joint MDs, advisers, client services, operations and CIO.
Key knowledge, skills, experience & attributes:
- current or previous experience as a Paraplanner for HNW/UHNW clients, preferably in a multi-disciplined wealth management firm e.g. private bank or full service wealth manager
- excellent technical knowledge, qualified or close to being qualified to Level 6 (Chartered/Certified Financial Planner) & ideally holding or studying/prepared to study towards STEP membership or similar
- a deep understanding of & experience in all fundamental aspects of sophisticated wealth planning for HNW/UHNW clients
- ambitious, energetic & highly motivated, with strong communication, decision-making and organisational skills
- good working knowledge of Intelligent Office is desirable, along with practical experience of various relevant software applications i.e. research, cashflow modelling, risk analytics, market data & investment transactions etc.
- Head of Business function, with Management Committee participation, contributing to key initiatives in the business
- operational management & resource planning
- technical paraplanning for HNW/UHNW clients i.e. research, report writing etc.
- providing strategic insight & direction regarding regulatory & technical developments (tax/legal/other) that impact on the business & its clients
- recruiting, leading & managing the wealth management support team
- developing project roadmaps for individual clients/families, based on priority objectives such as retirement/estate planning, business disposal etc., then managing these through the lifecycle to full implementation
- managing pre-review file checks & annual reviews for clients, including preparation of total wealth statements and project roadmap status
This is a superb opportunity for an ambitious Paraplanner to advance to a higher level, in a friendly, supportive, extremely successful firm, where effort & achievement are very well rewarded & where personal development, responsibility & career progression are nurtured.
In return, you can expect a basic salary iro £70K-£75K, plus bonus & a long-term incentive plan (LTIP). With a flexible working arrangement, you will have the option to partly work from home.