Our client widens access to financial advice through leading technology which powers the financial advisory experience. Operating independently under its own brand, our client is a wholly owned subsidiary of a global leader in the asset management industry.
To support the ongoing growth of the business, an opportunity has arisen for a Financial Modelling Analyst.
The successful candidate will need to go to Bath/London for meetings etc; but can work flexibly on a day to day basis as agreed with the manager.
Working within the modelling team, the role will also require frequent interaction with developers, project managers, and quantitative analysts to ensure delivery of a quality planning platform to end users.
The role involved taking the documented financial rules, building these into excel templates, creating scenario test cases and reconciling these tests with the developers. Analytical skills and the ability to understand and test the calculation models are crucial for the role.
As the Financial Modelling Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Taking the documented financial rules and building these rules into excel as a template to run scenarios
- Working with the modelling team to set up the scope of the testing required
- Building test cases which reflect the tax and investment legislation in force in the appropriate jurisdiction and driving out any issues before the rules are built in the engine
- Financial services experience would be beneficial as the role will involve testing multiple tax computations, including income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax and pensions tax rules. This will be across several jurisdictions and whilst it is not a requirement to understand financial services within non-UK jurisdictions, a general financial understanding is required so that sensible tests can be built
- Working with the team to create a more automated approach to testing, helping to improve the testing strategy
- Performing model audits to identify calculation errors will form a part of the role
- Working with the developers to debug failing test cases and resolve issues
- Helping to debug issues/technical queries raised by customers
- Extensively testing the impact of the model changes to provide confidence before it gets deployed to users
- Testing engine builds transfer to the User Interface correctly with any discrepancies being highlighted to the development team
We are keen to speak to people about this Financial Modelling Analyst role, with the following skills and experience:
- Advanced excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines work under pressure
- Ability to work as a team
- Personal Financial Planning knowledge preferred
- A proven track record of creating complex financial test scenarios
In return, you can expect a competitive basic salary, an excellent benefits package and career development.