A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a field-based Business Development Manager to join a 'times top 100 employer', helping educate a new way of managing workplace savings/advice and retirement. The role requires someone without question to know the Corporate/Workplace pensions market. You will need a broad relationship base to be able to work directly with Employers, Pension Schemes, Master Trusts, EBCs and Insurance companies.
The role holder will initiate and respond to Destination Retirement sales opportunities - both Direct to Employer/Scheme and Business Partner - moving them through the sales process to successful completion to support the achievement of objectives in line with the distribution strategy.
As a Business Development Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility for initiating and moving through the sales process sales opportunities for Destination Retirement in the Workplace market, focusing on Direct to Employer/Scheme and distribution channels.
- Taking responsibility for co-ordinating, creating, attending, and delivering written and face to face pitches - both in person and over video-conference, as well as RfP responses. Key audiences will be HR/Reward Heads, Pension Scheme Managers/Trustees and EBCs as well as other prospective Partners.
- Taking responsibility for proposing, developing, and executing effective lead generation/sales campaigns, coordinating with Marketing and external suppliers including coordinating with and managing a telemarketing agency.
- Taking responsibility for maintaining and developing sales collateral (including thought leadership) to support the Destination Retirement sales process in conjunction with Marketing.
- Taking responsibility for recording opportunities and ensuring effective and regular follow up as part of prospect nurturing process.
- Taking responsibility for obtaining and communicating market and proposition insight from prospective Partners, Employers and Pension Schemes and delivering this to internal stakeholders, leading to improvements to our propositions.
- Networking effectively at industry events, seminars, conferences - both pensions/retirement and reward focused - in support of lead generation activity and enhancing brand awareness.
- Contributing as a member of the team to the achievement of new and existing corporate business targets through the sharing of best practice and cooperative working.
- Delivering presentations on broader range of services to other key audiences, including Professional Trustees, Trustee Boards, EBCs, Third Party Evaluators and key influencers.
- Building deep knowledge and understanding of propositions and technologies so can act as a subject matter expert and support all members of the team.
- Regularly reporting of progress including development of the sales pipeline, campaign ROI and delivery by the telemarketing agency.
- Taking responsibility for the identification, capture, recording and the operation of controls in respect of new risks emerging in consequence of distribution strategy and new client acquisition.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager who has the following skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of the Corporate/Workplace pensions market
- A broad relationship base to enable them to work directly with employers, EBC’s, Master Trusts and Life companies
- Ability to speak across silo’s, not just Head of Ops and Business Development, but increasingly spending more time speaking with Head of HR, People and/or Reward
- With the proposition being ahead of the competition, resilience is needed to successfully pitch a new way of thinking
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading providers of retirement income products. Having digitalised the ‘at retirement’ phase for pension members, they are now looking at the mass market and need to appropriately scale by targeting employers with 500+ employees, Pension schemes, Master trusts, EBCs and insurance companies.
In return you can expect a competitive basic salary, bonus structure (6 figures) and benefits package.