This is an opportunity to lead a highly established wealth management business through a significant expansion ambition. This growth will be led through a combined franchise and network model, exploiting the firm’s UK, EU and Middle East licences, and underpinned by the firm’s competitive and robust technology platform offering. The Business Development Manager will be bright, energetic and forward-thinking. Responsible for providing strategic, financial and operational leadership for the company, they will coordinate closely and work with the Board of Directors and senior leadership team.
Our client is a dynamic, independent provider of private client wealth management, asset management and wealth management technology, both in the UK and in key offshore locations worldwide. Providing a DtoC private client proposition, together with technology and fund solutions to intermediaries, our client has been established for over 20 years, and has recently invested significant resources in the acquisition of complex licences in the Middle East and across Europe, as well as continuing to develop a fully licensed wealth management business in the UK. This provides a unique capability to deliver multi-jurisdictional advice. Through a suite of MIFID 2-friendly solutions for both client and third party advisers, the wrap platform solution supports private clients, third party intermediaries and franchisees.
To support the growth of the business an opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager who will oversee and deliver on the existing pipeline of assets to migrate and originate new wealth management client banks through business development, asset migration and possible M&A activities, whilst continuing to gain competitive advantage through innovation and enhancement of the wealth management technology stack and the proposition it supports.
Reporting to the Board, this role will be integral to executing the business plan, including responsibility for business development and overseeing platform operations, pipeline business development and engaging with stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the front office business, helping drive growth and overall profitability of the wealth management business.
A role that promises career growth, our client is looking for a passionate and dynamic leader who has high personal ambition, will enthuse the team and ensure that milestones are met.
- Plan, develop, implement and direct operational and fiscal functions, and performance.
- Act as a strategic partner by developing and implementing the company’s plans, and more specifically build, develop and close the pipeline of asset migration assets, specifically those of competitive advantage provided by UK, MIFID 2, and Middle East licences.
- Continue to oversee the roll-out of the franchise model.
- Analyse and make recommendations on the impact of long-range growth initiatives, planning, and introduction of new strategies and regulatory actions.
- Provide accurate analysis of budgets, reports and financial trends and operational procedures in order to assist the BOD and senior executive team.
- Create, improve, implement and enforce policies and procedures to improve operational and financial effectiveness.
- Communicate effectively and establish credibility throughout the organisation and with the Board of Directors as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide expert financial guidance and advice to others within executive leadership.
- Provide strategic input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the development of the business, and specifically relating to the attraction of new AUM and partnerships
- Work with finance team to develop a solid cash flow projection and reporting mechanism, which includes setting a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Act as a strategic advisor and consultant offering expert advice on contracts, negotiations or business deals that the organisation may enter into.
- Evaluate company’s financial, operational, and sales and marketing structures to plan for continual improvements and a continual increase of operating efficiencies.
- Mentor and interact with members of staff at all levels to foster growth and encourage development among senior executive team and all members of staff.
Key leadership skills
- Strong leadership ability.
- Strategic mindset.
- Continue to lead a ‘mission led’ corporate culture/team ethic
- Executive presence and the ability to maintain a calm demeanour in high-stress and/or unexpected situations
- Professional business acumen.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Excellent ability to lead, manage and inspire
- Continually drive effective results
- Communicate effectively at all levels, in oral and written form.
- Passionate about delivering about financial services industry and delivering outstanding client services
- Ethical approach to financial services, showing high level of integrity
Qualifications and experience
- Undergraduate degree, min 2.1
- Additional postgraduate qualification preferred, e.g. MSc or MBA
- Proven track record (minimum 5 years’ experience) in similar business role (e.g. Business Development Manager, Sales Manager) within the wealth management industry and/or fintech
- Strong understanding of regulatory landscape and macroeconomic fundamentals
- Proven leadership and managerial skills, and proven ability to lead multiple teams.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organisational skills.
In return, the Business Development Manager can expect and competitive basic salary, bonus structure and benefits package,