Our client is part of a FTSE 250 financial services company and a specialist in the retirement market. Focused on finding the right financial solutions for people approaching, or in, retirement, the business provides advice on releasing equity from people’s homes, turning pension savings into income for retirement and funding long-term care.
A great opportunity has arisen within the distribution team, as a field-based Business Development Manager, on a permanent basis.
The role of the Business Development Manager is;
You will initiate and respond to sales opportunities - both Direct to Employer/Scheme and Business Partner - moving them through the sales process to successful completion to support the achievement of the company’s objectives in line with the overall business plan and distribution strategy. Key audiences will include HR/Reward Heads, Pension Scheme Managers/Trustees and EBCs as well as other prospective Partners.
Some of the key areas of activity for the Business Development Manager are;
- Responsible for co-ordinating, creating, attending, and delivering written and face to face pitches - both in person and over videoconference, as well as RFP responses.
- Responsible for proposing, developing, and executing effective lead generation / sales campaigns, coordinating with Marketing and external suppliers including coordinating with and managing a telemarketing agency.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing sales collateral (including thought leadership) to support the Destination Retirement sales process in conjunction with Marketing.
- Responsible for recording opportunities and ensuring effective and regular follow up as part of prospect nurturing process.
- Responsible for obtaining and communicating market and proposition insight from prospective Business Partners, Employers and Pension Schemes and delivering this to internal business stakeholders, leading to improvements to our propositions.
- Networking effectively at industry events, seminars, conferences - both pensions/retirement and reward focused - in support of lead generation activity and enhancing brand awareness.
What we are looking for;
- The role requires someone with extensive knowledge of the corporate pensions market.
- You will be required to demonstrate sales success across a broad range of clients, including IFAs, employers, and master trusts.
- You will need to demonstrate an ability to communicate across silo’s, including Head of HR, People and/or Reward.
- A mindset that embraces long term project sells rather than quick wins.
In return, you can expect a basic salary iro £70,000 and a competitive bonus scheme, car allowance, pension, PMI, Income Protection, Life Cover, Health Cash Plan and a range of flexible benefits.